RetailBX.sg - Singapore Retail Business Exchange

Go Back   RetailBX.sg > Retail Central > Starting a Retail Business
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any Advise to Newbie Like Me

This is a thread in the Starting a Retail Business forums.
I am keen to start my business venture and it has been my dreams to own a shop by myself. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #1

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 0
jamie123 is on a distinguished road
Default Any Advise to Newbie Like Me

I am keen to start my business venture and it has been my dreams to own a shop by myself. I had ordered some goods from my supplier already. Next step is I want to test out my goods with the market. So I thought so trying out Bazaars.

How do I go about registering the bazaars? What are the stardard procedures? i.e Deposit? Payment? Will appreciate any advise. Thank you.

jamie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #2

shadowcast is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Advise to Newbie Like Me

where the goods coming from?
best wait for goods to arrive first before anything. sometimes they dun come at all.

shadowcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #3

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 16
Rob82lim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcast View Post
best wait for goods to arrive first before anything. sometimes they dun come at all.

Rob82lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 08:54 PM   #4

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 16
annies.Knicknack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcast View Post
aiyo..you don't frighten her leh...it's her first time although it might be true..
yes, wait for the goods to arrive first and check if everything in fine. take it step by step. there's no rush..everybody does have a dream and for me it's the same like yours..having a own shop. My first step was to sell on line which didn't work cos how many working mummies r so free to sit infront of the PC and shop? Frankly Singapore is a very convenient place to do shopping and if i have the time i would rather take the excuses to go down town & shop. Next i move to those boxes and rented 4 boxes to try my things but again it doesn't work Dunno why so "SWAY". Next i tell myself i'm going to try pushcart and work myself there....So take things easy and step by step. there's alot of hardwork...

annies.Knicknack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
Suspended

My Reputation: Points: 12/ Rep Power: 0
Takeshi is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Any Advise to Newbie Like Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by annies.Knicknack View Post
Next i move to those boxes and rented 4 boxes to try my things but again it doesn't work Dunno why so "SWAY". Next i tell myself i'm going to try pushcart and work myself there....So take things easy and step by step. there's alot of hardwork...
WOW! 4 boxes. You really daring. Because renting a box is not easy. I also very suay. 1st batch of goods, i was hit by currency rate. Japanese yen went up and my goods cost price went up! OMG! Hahas. rented box also did not move out at all! Sian. Then now try all kinds of ways. Bo bian. Such things need to really have the will and motivation and courage to move on! Passion will be needed to keep burning!

Takeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #6

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 17
XavieraLin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you a "crafty" person?

Why you need to rent a shop which you dont have experience before? Try to sell online 1st

Old 30-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #7

flealover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are you a "crafty" person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavieraLin View Post
Why you need to rent a shop which you dont have experience before? Try to sell online 1st
i agree. it is usually a good training ground and online is a good place to test out consumer demand.

flealover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #8

awesom-o is on a distinguished road

times are so bad now... better dun take too much risk.. try cheaper rental like bazaar/flea market or like wat flealover says.. go online sell lor..

awesom-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #9

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 4294982
erin is on a distinguished road

pm me.i might be able to help.tried various ways of selling.found some to be mroe successful than others..can share with you my 2 cents worth.

erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #10

Across is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
I am keen to start my business venture and it has been my dreams to own a shop by myself. I had ordered some goods from my supplier already. Next step is I want to test out my goods with the market. So I thought so trying out Bazaars.

How do I go about registering the bazaars? What are the stardard procedures? i.e Deposit? Payment? Will appreciate any advise. Thank you.
Hi,

It is good to have a goal in life and doing something that you like as a living. I think you are quite right, trying out at bazaars and flea market are rather good ways to test out your goods in the market.

You will have to register through an organizer, some organizers might require you to pay a refundable deposit, but usually the amount wouldn't be big as bazaar is only for short term rental. Payment wise you will certainly be required to pay in full before the event starts in order to secure your space.

Regards

Across is offline   Reply With Quote