RetailBX.sg - Singapore Retail Business Exchange

Go Back   RetailBX.sg > Retail Central > Bazaars, Flea Markets, Fairs & Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SCAPE Youth Park

This is a thread in the Bazaars, Flea Markets, Fairs & Events forums.
Hi, did anyone try out the bazaar at SCAPE Youth Park? Care to share how is the event and how ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #1

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 16
Rob82lim is on a distinguished road
Default SCAPE Youth Park

Hi, did anyone try out the bazaar at SCAPE Youth Park? Care to share how is the event and how is the crowd? Thanks.

Rob82lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #2

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 0
tritri is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCAPE Youth Park

hi

I am interested in the flea at scape park.
may i noe where can i register for it?

tritri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #3

Owllie is on a distinguished road

Hi.. i did Scape youth park in Sept09. The crowd wasnt fantastic, as it was raining. but crowd who came is buying crowd. I guess reason being its in the big orchard shopping area.

Organiser is very strict, n want to control alot of things, like size of rack which i find it ridiculous. strictly no hanging of stuff on his tent, else you will get a warning. You cant bring your own table and chairs also. e organiser ve the right to throw you out if you refuse to abide by e rules of e game. & When we ask the organiser why he want to control this and that, he cant give us an explaination. alot of restriction that make the planning process not a enjoyable 1.

Owllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #4

Owllie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob82lim View Post
Hi, did anyone try out the bazaar at SCAPE Youth Park? Care to share how is the event and how is the crowd? Thanks.
Hi.. i did Scape youth park in Sept09. The crowd wasnt fantastic, as it was raining. but crowd who came is buying crowd. I guess reason being its in the big orchard shopping area.

Organiser is very strict, n want to control alot of things, like size of rack which i find it ridiculous. strictly no hanging of stuff on his tent, else you will get a warning. You cant bring your own table and chairs also. e organiser ve the right to throw you out if you refuse to abide by e rules of e game. & When we ask the organiser why he want to control this and that, he cant give us an explaination. alot of restriction that make the planning process not a enjoyable 1.

Owllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #5

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 15
SunflowerSG is on a distinguished road

When is the next YOUTH SCAPE?

SunflowerSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #6

My Reputation: Points: 11/ Rep Power: 17
pokerface is on a distinguished road

organiser is weekend sg, the one that organise smu bazaars. maybe the youth park got a lot of restrictions thats why must control so much?

"My hands are the tools that God blessed me with so I may work creatively"
pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #7

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 17
Uniquez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
organiser is weekend sg, the one that organise smu bazaars. maybe the youth park got a lot of restrictions thats why must control so much?
That group of organizer has attitude problem la... i kanna a few times, finally give up. Din join their fairs since long long long long long times ago.

Uniquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 10:03 PM   #8

dollydeer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface View Post
I totally agree with pokerface, you should have read through n accept e rulesss n regulations state on e website b4 you sign up right? So y complain lei?
He had to restrict e size of e rack you bring as e space is limited, you had been there you should know, 2 tables in a tentage, so limited space liao how to squeeze so many things? Actually he had been quite soft n try his very best not to offend any vendors, but for our safety , he had to stop pp from hanging things on e tentage, as accident happen b4. vendors hang clothes on e tentage n e tentage collasp. n e tentage had electric wire link to one another, if one tentage collasp, the others will be pull down too.
If you had been there, you should hav saw a vendor selling 2nd hand clothes, she 'display' her shoes n stuff all over e place! which i feel she had really went over broad. she had e whole tentage space all by herself, n yet still not enough, she display her stuff out of e area( blocking half e pathway)! she shift other vendor's rack without asking. e organizer know tat other vendors are not happy about tat, but after he please this one e other one not happy, he is in a difficult position too.
You oni say e unhappy things about this organizer, how about e good points? he is very considerate person, he knows tat those 2 days r raining n we vendors's sales were affected, he even refund us a certain percentage of e rental. Owllie, things had 2 side, you should try to c things from other angle too. Dont complain so much n be more considerate.
**No offence. I m not pin pointing anyone here.**

Old 01-10-2009, 01:09 AM   #9

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 15
Flying Elephant is on a distinguished road

wow!! so fierce!! sounds like a fierce girlfriend speaking up for the pathetic boyfriend. hahahaha... hmmm... you guys sure did make this place sounds interesting to me (from Owllie: got spending crowd... from Dollydeer: organiser trying his best to please all his vendors) and wanna sign up for their next event.

anyone... any idea when's their next event and how do i go about registrating?

BTW, are you guys very sure he's the same organiser as the SMU bazaar? cos i heard from couple of my frens tat it's a total screw up! Hope this won't happen at Scape Youth Park!

Flying Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 02:13 AM   #10

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 16
secretgarden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Elephant View Post
wow!! so fierce!! sounds like a fierce girlfriend speaking up for the pathetic boyfriend. hahahaha... hmmm... you guys sure did make this place sounds interesting to me (from Owllie: got spending crowd... from Dollydeer: organiser trying his best to please all his vendors) and wanna sign up for their next event.

anyone... any idea when's their next event and how do i go about registrating?

BTW, are you guys very sure he's the same organiser as the SMU bazaar? cos i heard from couple of my frens tat it's a total screw up! Hope this won't happen at Scape Youth Park!

Hi Flying Elephant i don't think SMu & Scape youth park are the same organizer.You can register the event from the weekends website to apply but the Scape youth park they got some Criteria prefer unique stuffs & it seems its more of a flea market which customers prefers real damn cheap right?

I apply once but due to its outdoor & no powerpoint which i needs electricity s & don't have a battery operated lamp endup i just give up the idea of taking up.Anybody any idea where to get battery operated lamp?Is it needed at the scape youth park when you need bright lights for accessories?