RetailBX.sg - Singapore Retail Business Exchange

Go Back   RetailBX.sg > Retail Central > Bazaars, Flea Markets, Fairs & Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bazaar @ United Square

This is a thread in the Bazaars, Flea Markets, Fairs & Events forums.
Hi all, Saw the ad on The Beau of Blogshops @ United Square. Jus wondering if anyone of you have ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #1

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 15
Flying Elephant is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Bazaar @ United Square

Hi all,

Saw the ad on The Beau of Blogshops @ United Square.

Jus wondering if anyone of you have tried bazaar @ United Square. Please advise on the traffic and spending power.

Your feedback is most valued

Flying Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #2

prettydress is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bazaar @ United Square

Good crowd but depend what you sell, sales are good for some vendors and some vendors cannot make it.
The crowd there consist of matured ladies and working girls, buying power is much better than those bazaar organise in Orchard area.
Whatever you sell make an effort to your display your items neatly to attract customers.

prettydress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #3

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 14
beztech is on a distinguished road

This place has a good crowd but the space allocated for Vendors are very small and tight area. The walkway between tables provided for customers to walk through are also very small and tight. Just a few customers standing in front of your table and other customers might not be able to walk thru the walkway.

beztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #4

dingdong5770 is on a distinguished road

In terms of traffic and buying power, this place is consider good. Most of the people here are from the upper middle class plus it usually gets crowded on Sat as there are a lot of parents sending their children to tuition centre and enrichment centre there.

If you are sincerely looking to join this bazaar, please take note of a few things:

1) I agree with Prettydress. You MUST decorate your booth so that it will look outstanding. Try to display your item at eye level. This means that you will need some boxes or aids to create this platform. The walkway is quite tight so your display must be on eye level.

2) If possible, please book from Fri onwards. You can book Fri-Sat or Fri-Sun but please try your best to start on Fri. There reason is that if you book on Fri, you will be able to choose the table slot that you want. There is no allocation of table slot because it's first come first serve basis for this organiser.

3) If possible, please make some effort to come early so that you can choose a good slot. In my opinion (others might disagree), a good slot should be the tables that are located at the border of the event space. Beztech has mention that the walkway is very tight so if your table is in the middle, it might not be comfortable for customers to be there for a long time. Besides, there are customers who don't like to walk in the middle of the bazaar when they realise that it is very crowded in the middle. So, if you are at the border, chances of customers passing by and see your products are much higher If you book from Fri onwards, you would definately get to choose your own table slot but if you only book from Sat onwards, most likely, all the table at the border of the event space has all been taken up by the vendors who started on Fri so you are only left with the middle table slot.

4) With regards to what Beztech mention, I do agree that the spacing is very tight in the middle. But, I do believe that the organiser would have taken note of this issue and I m quite sure that they will improve in their event in July to try to make sure that the table spacing is wider than previously. This organiser is consider understanding and their staff are very patient. It is not easy to make every vendor happy but they always try to accomodate everyone as best as they can. They were also the organiser for the Sommerset 313. There were some feedbacks that the event did not go so well and the last thing that I heard, they have decided to cancel the remaining event and refund back the vendors who have book the bazaar at Sommerset 313. I have never heard of organiser who are willing to refund vendors for something that is not their fault entirely. So, kudos to this organiser.

So.....if you do go ahead, I wish you best of luck !

dingdong5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #5

prettydress is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Bazaar @ United Square

Dingdong, I agreed with you this organiser is very good he does not want those vendors to loss money further, he cancelled the bazaar and refund our money within few days.
Thumbs up for him.

prettydress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #6

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 0
DarleneZ is on a distinguished road

Thanks Dingdong for the detail information..... you happen to know so much about bazaars in Singapore. Guess members here appreciate your honest feedback. By the way, do you know anything about the bazaar at East Coast Park, the one where the KFC is located? Would appreciate any feedback from everyone.

DarleneZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 05:06 AM   #7

TheBazaar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettydress View Post
Dingdong, I agreed with you this organiser is very good he does not want those vendors to loss money further, he cancelled the bazaar and refund our money within few days.
Thumbs up for him.
No one will want to loose money and same goes for organisors. At times when things are not feasible, we will jsut have to cancel and refund. No point spoiling the relationship between an organisor or vendors just because of a venue.

Thank you for your support.

TheBazaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #8

SUNSHINEKOH is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingdong5770 View Post
In terms of traffic and buying power, this place is consider good. Most of the people here are from the upper middle class plus it usually gets crowded on Sat as there are a lot of parents sending their children to tuition centre and enrichment centre there.

If you are sincerely looking to join this bazaar, please take note of a few things:

1) I agree with Prettydress. You MUST decorate your booth so that it will look outstanding. Try to display your item at eye level. This means that you will need some boxes or aids to create this platform. The walkway is quite tight so your display must be on eye level.

2) If possible, please book from Fri onwards. You can book Fri-Sat or Fri-Sun but please try your best to start on Fri. There reason is that if you book on Fri, you will be able to choose the table slot that you want. There is no allocation of table slot because it's first come first serve basis for this organiser.

3) If possible, please make some effort to come early so that you can choose a good slot. In my opinion (others might disagree), a good slot should be the tables that are located at the border of the event space. Beztech has mention that the walkway is very tight so if your table is in the middle, it might not be comfortable for customers to be there for a long time. Besides, there are customers who don't like to walk in the middle of the bazaar when they realise that it is very crowded in the middle. So, if you are at the border, chances of customers passing by and see your products are much higher If you book from Fri onwards, you would definately get to choose your own table slot but if you only book from Sat onwards, most likely, all the table at the border of the event space has all been taken up by the vendors who started on Fri so you are only left with the middle table slot.

4) With regards to what Beztech mention, I do agree that the spacing is very tight in the middle. But, I do believe that the organiser would have taken note of this issue and I m quite sure that they will improve in their event in July to try to make sure that the table spacing is wider than previously. This organiser is consider understanding and their staff are very patient. It is not easy to make every vendor happy but they always try to accomodate everyone as best as they can. They were also the organiser for the Sommerset 313. There were some feedbacks that the event did not go so well and the last thing that I heard, they have decided to cancel the remaining event and refund back the vendors who have book the bazaar at Sommerset 313. I have never heard of organiser who are willing to refund vendors for something that is not their fault entirely. So, kudos to this organiser.

Hi Hi Ding Dong, thanks for the past feedbacks and sharing yr view. Are you able share me some advices on the Orchard Central Market at Concorde Hotel. It is held on the 6th, 13th and 20th Aug 11?

Thanks!!

SUNSHINEKOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #9

TheBazaar is on a distinguished road

Quote:

We value all feedbacks and we will do our best to continue to serve better.

Cheers

TheBazaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #10

ophinia1010 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Hi DingDong, sorry to trouble you. Firstly thanks for your valued advice to us. I am new on Bazaars, want to ask you for the up coming Sundae Sunday Bazaar (18th & 25th September 2011), what's your view of this bazaar? heavy traffic, or mainly for teenagers? I am dealing with children clothing. Thank you!

ophinia1010 is offline   Reply With Quote