RetailBX.sg - Singapore Retail Business Exchange

Go Back   RetailBX.sg > Retail Central > Bazaars, Flea Markets, Fairs & Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bazaar at Clarke Quay

This is a thread in the Bazaars, Flea Markets, Fairs & Events forums.
Hi, Need some feedbacks on this bazaar as I am considering joining this bazaar this weekend. I am selling ladies ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #1

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 0
Janice78 is on a distinguished road
Default Bazaar at Clarke Quay

Hi,
Need some feedbacks on this bazaar as I am considering joining this bazaar this weekend. I am selling ladies accessories. How is the crowd and business there? Thanks

Janice78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #2

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 15
dingdong5770 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bazaar at Clarke Quay

There are 3 different organiser for bazaar at Clarke Quay. You mention that the bazaar is this week and I would assume that it is held at the Read Bridge organised by Weekends.

There are both pros and cons:

Advantages:
1) In terms of crowd, you do not need to worry as the crowd traffic is very high especially during the later part of the evening. There are also a lot of tourist who will be going to party at Clarke Quay.

2) You can practically stay there until past midnight as long as your eyes and body can take it The later you stay, the more time you have to make more money.

Disadvantages:
1) This place is consider outdoor so if it rains, business will be affected. Even though there is tentage, when it rains, nobody would want to go near your booth.

2) You mention that you are selling accessories. This organiser do not provide power point so if you need extra spot lights to enhance your accessories, you will need to get a battery operated one. The tentage has 2 bulb lights but it might not be enough for accessories.

3) please take note that there is no security provided at this place. Besides that, the tentage has transparent curtains to cover your tentage but from outside, people can see what is inside the tents. It is not advisable to leave your things there overnight as there are some drunken people who hang around that bridge in the middle of the night.

In Summary, please check the weather forecast as it is rainy season nowadays. Also, if you have decided to attend this bazaar, do remember NOT to leave your things there overnight. Good Luck to your business

dingdong5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #3

prettycloset is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. Really informative & very useful!

prettycloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #4

Janice78 is on a distinguished road

Thanks so much for your advice dingdong !

Janice78 is offline   Reply With Quote