RetailBX.sg - Singapore Retail Business Exchange

Go Back   RetailBX.sg > Retail Central > Starting a Retail Business
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting a New Clothing Brand

This is a thread in the Starting a Retail Business forums.
Hi I am launching a new clothing brand. How do I get my products placed in Mustafa, Carrefour, John Little ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #1

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 0
Shahrukh is on a distinguished road
Default Starting a New Clothing Brand

Hi

I am launching a new clothing brand. How do I get my products placed in Mustafa, Carrefour, John Little etc?

Shahrukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #2

jonal76 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Starting a New Clothing Brand

it would be an awesome business idea to start a new cloth brand with quality fabrics to get in to the business competition and mark your presence in a new way.

jonal76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #3

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 13
meinteel is on a distinguished road

Hi Shahrukh,

What kind of clothes are you selling? You would need to contact the buyers of those companies and discuss with them. Since it is a new brand, they would require you to put the stocks on consignment.

It would be rather be rather difficult if you dont have much cashflow. For example, Mustafa can sell very fast but they usually only pay for the stocks only every 6 months.

meinteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #4

Percival71 is on a distinguished road

The clothing industry, as you can well imagine, is a very competitive one. To succeed takes knowledge, patience, talent and a bit of luck. As far as the knowledge bit goes, I found some sources that will assist you further.

Associations may be a good avenue to explore as well. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have about the clothing industry as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.

There's nothing quite like research – the more you know about the clothing industry, the better. There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.

Also, here are some book titles that may interest you:

* The Official Step-by-Step Guide to Starting a Clothing Line by Jay Arrington,
* The Business of Fashion: Designing, Manufacturing, and Marketing by Leslie Davis Burns
* Fashion for Profit (Revised Edition with Retail Chapter) by Frances Harder
* The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: An Insider's Look at Starting and Running Your Own Fashion Business by Mary Gehlhar

Launching a Product book titles:
* New Product Launch: 10 Proven Strategies by Joan Schneider, Jeanne Yocum
* Winning at New Products: Accelerating the Process from Idea to Launch by Robert G. Cooper
* Launch It!: How to Turn Good Ideas Into Great Products That Sell by Molly Miller-Davidson

Percival71 is offline   Reply With Quote