RetailBX.sg - Singapore Retail Business Exchange

Go Back   RetailBX.sg > Retail Central > General Retail Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Any Advise?

This is a thread in the General Retail Discussion forums.
Hi all, I am new and very keen to start something of my own. Thought of selling on ebay first ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 09:24 AM   #1

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 0
angelreuben is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Any Advise?

Hi all,
I am new and very keen to start something of my own. Thought of selling on ebay first and start with a blogshop and further on to retail spaces. But response on ebay for me was very poor, I am a idiot at creating blogs so not to mention blogshop.

Thinking of going straight into retail, was considering far east plaza, but heard that start up cost need about 6 months rental? eg. including takeover fee, deposit and etc. Also considering bugis st, wonder which location will be better? Am afraid of the risk and high rental, was thinking of looking for a partner or someone to share the space but not sure how such partnership works, please advise me!!

Tried an online wholesaler, but pictures are really decieving, products not up to expectations and the shipping costs is REALLY VERY EX... Sighs, planning on going overseas to source for wholesaler but not sure if i should plan my trip before or after i settle the issue of retail space? can anyone advise?

CONFUSED...

angelreuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #2

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 18
MyFashionPalace is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Any Advise?

Hi..

I am currently closing down my online business and have stocklots of clothing to clear.
Would you be keen to take a look?
My clothings are all quality items as I brought them back from korea myself.

Please do PM me if you are keen to view the stocks.. thank you~

MyFashionPalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #3

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 17
Mystech is on a distinguished road

if you're fresh in this business, retail is very very risky. High over heads, and you must have something that attracts others. you forgot the reno fee which can take up nearly 10K. also, honestly, if your items cannot sell well even without overheads, how do you think it will do with so much over heads? perhaps you could try bazzars 1st, see how things work out.

Mystech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #4

I was once in interior design, so i can get gd contacts for reno.. and I am looking at retail space below 400sq ft..
I am selling ladies fashion, but so far no luck on ebay. Sighs, I could get merchandise like those in the retail stores. There will be a certain amount of crowd everyday for retail, so maybe the chances will be higher and better?
I am not familiar with bazzars, have no idea about how it works... but is the crowd gd? exposure to public? Because for myself personally, i have never been shopping to a bazzar......

Old 04-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #5

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 16
Rob82lim is on a distinguished road

bazaar is a good stepping stone

Rob82lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #6

Hope so.. already took up the advise and registered for 2 bazaars in sept... so i need to look for jewellery stand, tablecloth, and clothes rack now. Do you think there's anything i've missed out?

Old 04-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #7

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 15
dingdong5770 is on a distinguished road

I agree that bazaar is a good stepping stone but it will also depends on what exactly you are selling and what type of bazaar have you registered? Some of the bazaar that is available in the market are mostly selling 2nd hand stuffs and their stuffs might be selling extremely cheap so it might be dificult for you to gauge the response to your products. For this, you must be careful and understand.

Where are the 2 bazaar that you have registered in Sept?

dingdong5770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:39 AM   #8

1FIVEZERO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystech View Post
if you're fresh in this business, retail is very very risky. High over heads, and you must have something that attracts others. you forgot the reno fee which can take up nearly 10K. also, honestly, if your items cannot sell well even without overheads, how do you think it will do with so much over heads? perhaps you could try bazzars 1st, see how things work out.
Totally Agree. Well Said.

1FIVEZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #9

beautyunleashed is on a distinguished road

Do we need to have a business registery to operate a bazaar or online business ?

beautyunleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #10

My Reputation: Points: 10/ Rep Power: 15
dingdong5770 is on a distinguished road

Generally, you do not need to register a company name to operate a bazaar but if you intend to have a push cart eventually, some event owners might need you to have a company name.

dingdong5770 is offline   Reply With Quote